Friday, June 11, 2010

Lunch anyone?

I am standing on a road with a bridge in front of me. It appears to cross a river. On the right hand side of the road, there is a thin footpath, with yellow lines painted down the side of the road.

Curiously, there is a desk squashed onto this thin path and a lady in smart office attire sits there working at a computer. There are filing trays to her left hand side, presumably because some brambles from the hedges next to the path are poking onto the right hand side of the desk.

As I approach, she turns towards me and smiling at me asks, 'What do you want me to order for lunch today?'

I am about to answer when to my left, from the other side of the bridge, a huge reptilian head appears, attached to a long snake-like neck. It appears to be smiling at us.

I recognize it immediately as being 'Nessie' or, if you are being more formal, the Loch Ness Monster.

It suddenly starts to speak and in a deep, rich, baritone voice says, 'I'd like, oooooh... half a tonne of red plankton and krill on a rice cake please,' popping a wink at the lady as it finishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment