Sunday, February 21, 2010

Paisley sails

I'm a lone sailor, swooping over the seas in a small and fast-going ship. It has paisley sails in pale gold and green. One day my little ship is boarded by pirates. I'm knocked unconscious. When I wake up, I find myself in a dreary little boat together with a young woman in an apron. She's the cook from another ship that the pirates boarded. They've dropped us off in this little dinghy in the middle of the ocean.

We plod on, paddling with a skillet and surviving on fish and seagulls. Eventually we land at a floating port. I spot a paper tacked to a post in the docks. It's an announcement signed by S.R., who says they now lawfully own my legendary ship with the paisley sails. The bastards! And here they come. I can see the sails on the horizon. The setting sun lights up the sails from behind, turning them to molten gold. I'm going to get my ship back.

No comments:

Post a Comment