Sunday, January 3, 2010

Clearing Out

It's a new year so I'm on a mission to clear out some old things to generally freshen up my home.

There are a few bags lying around the place belonging to someone else, which surprises me as I thought I'd stored them all away. There's a lot of dust and cobwebs lurking behind them too so I start to sweep them away.

Some of the clothes drawers seem a bit over-flowing too, which is again surprising as I don't have that much stuff in the way of clothes. A gaggle of ten-sided dice seem to be spilling out of the top drawer. I'm trying to open it up, but the black metal fold-down desk that is hinged to the wall above it is in the way and doesn't seem to want to shift.

Curiously, I don't ever remember having a black metal fold-down desk. I have no idea what happened to my ten-sided dice either, so I'm both puzzled and happy that they are spilling out of a drawer.

I suddenly notice too, that my bed has shrunk. A big double bed is now a smallish single bed pushed up against a wall. Quite when this happened, I have no clue, but I'm wondering what happened to my nice big bed.

Then I realise that this is, in fact, a dream and I chuckle to myself before wandering around the room, poking and prodding various things, and bouncing up and down on the edge of the bed.

I then wake up, and blink sleepily at my surroundings, wondering what happened to the small bed, the suitcases and the black-metal fold down desk. It's all very confusing and there's sadly no sign of the ten-sided dice.

No comments:

Post a Comment