Saturday, January 9, 2010

A sudden feeling of being loved

Just a glimpse:

I am sitting in a room.
What am I doing? I am not sure. I think I am there with my friend whom I haven't seen for so long. We enjoy being in each other's company. We talk. A lot. And laugh. And sometimes we don't say anything, just smile, and let thoughts drift off into memories.

Suddenly, in one of these small silent pauses, I am aware of being watched. I don't know by who but I can feel their eyes on me. I don't even know how I know this – (telepathy or supernatural powers maybe?) but right now somewhere, somebody is looking at the back of my neck, the slight slope and curves of the shoulders above thin black cotton – the lights reflecting off the angles and planes – and they are realizing with sudden amazement that it is the most beautiful part of any person they have ever seen, perhaps ever will see.

There is no threat in this person's thoughts. No expectation, jealousy or desire to possess. There is only a sense of pure joy, well-wishing, love, and admiration from this secret someone. It is a very pleasant and warm feeling, and I smile to myself and enjoy the warmth that I can feel spreading through me. I am just being loved, by someone I don't know. That's all.

1 comment: