Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"The Glass Hinge Is Broken"

There is a crisis in the kitchen! The door of the freezer has fallen off and I am in a semi-panic as it is well stocked with food that is starting to defrost.

Kneeling in front of it, I try and work out just what has happened. For a start, the door appears to have shrunk to roughly two-thirds it's proper size. I naturally assume that this is a result of washing it too vigourously, and is nothing a bit of duct tape can't put right.

Of more pressing concern is the hinge, which attaches it to the rest of the fridge freezer. It's made of glass you see and the current one seems to have shattered, causing the door to fall off. I have a replacement, but the tritium core that it comes with is too powerful for a freezer and might cause the motor to burn out.

Someone is questioning the safety of using tritium near a food storage device. I point out to them that it's the only thing that will hold the door on, so we don't really have much choice.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Everyday panic as viewed by an engineer. I love that the door had been shrinking from washing it!

    ReplyDelete