Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wise Guys

My dreams returned (in some style!) so thank you to whoever found them.

I'm on something of an urgent mission. Paulie (yes, the mob boss from 'Goodfellas') wants to watch a couple of shows on his new DVD player. Only trouble is no-one can find the particular ones he wants to see and what Paulie wants, Paulie gets or you're in trouble!

He's specifically after the episode about Saturn from the BBC series 'The Planets' but despite my best efforts most of the online retailers seem to have sold out. So it comes down to myself, Jimmy (Robert De Niro's character) and Tommy (Joe Pesci's famous psychopath) to find this episode of the show or face the consequences.

Our search is, however, fruitless and tempers begin to flare until I remember that I own this series on DVD. I gave it to my father to watch a few years back so, assuming he hasn't thrown it out or lost it, it should be there and all we need to do is go get it and everything will be good!

Sadly this solution doesn't seem enough for the agitated Tommy who pulls out his handgun and start blasting away whilst screaming to know if he amuses us! Luckily for me, I have a cricket bat to hand and am able to deflect the hail of bullets away. Or at least I am, until one bullet lodges into the face of my bat rendering it useless.

It's then the next one hits me in the neck and I topple to the floor feeling a bit silly. I lie there staring up at the clouds zipping past in the curiously coloured purple sky thinking that this is all a bit over the top for an episode of a TV show. Perhaps we should have just looked on iTunes from the start?

No comments:

Post a Comment